Berry

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tyler

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Blake

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 21, 2012

33+3

Posted by Unknown at 11:43 PM
Wow had to really think about how far along I was then.

So much has been happening but at the same time absolutely nothing has.

Let me explain. So we are rolling onto 2 weeks of being stick at home due to Tyler being sick. That's the nothing is happening all boring!

Other side is Tyler had been very sick :( so it started with green snot and a few days later a cough. Just a dry one and not excessive or anything so I wasn't too concerned. A few days later conjunctivitis as he couldn't help rub the green snot in his eyes. Got some drops from the chemist again no point seeing a dr.

So my last post I mentioned about Tyler's day of sleeping well the next day he woke up with a slight temp. I didn't check it to me it felt about 37.5ish. He slept most of the day but about an hour after he woke up in the afternoon I could feel he was burning up. Took his temp this time as I knew it was high - yep 39.5! Omg freak out. I have never had a fever myself, this is his first and I had no idea what I should do.

I rang 13health the lady was fantastic! She said it's not the degree of fever that's the problem it's how the child is with the fever. Other than him being upset and grumpy due to being sick he seemed medically ok. She advised I get a gp to do a house call as he had been sick for so long. I found out my local medical centre is open until 10pm every night so we took him down there.
By this time the neurophen had kicked in and his temp had dropped to 37.5. The dr was a complete dick though. Completely dismissed me as a neurotic mother. I hadn't taken him to the dr in the 2 weeks he had been sick as I was hoping he would get through it on his own. I went on the advice of a health nurse and still he was an arse!

Anyway he prescribed antibiotics and sent us on our way!

Tyler managed to sleep through the night but the next day was a shocker. His temp stayed around 38-38.5 and spiked for about an hour after his naps to about 39.5+. the worst was 40.5 after his afternoon sleep. This of course caused him to start vomiting. I really didn't know what to do at this point he was so sick and inconsolable and just burning up. The health nurse said no washers or fans or cool baths as that just increases the temp so all I could do was cuddle him and try and get him to drink some water. Eventually his temp dropped to around 38.5 and I was able to get him back down to bed for the night.

He woke up ok this morning but again after his morning nap his temp was 39.5. His body was shaking, not chills shake but weak muscle kind of thing. He didn't have the energy to stand or even sit. He was burning up and again I didn't know what to do. I gave him panadol and rocked him back to sleep. He slept until lunch and woke up with no temp!!!!!

He is back down for a nap now so I am hoping we are through to the other side. It's after the naps which are the biggest concern. If he wakes up again with no fever I think it might have broken. Fingers crossed.

It's a horrible feeling though when ur child is so sick and u want to ask for advice or help from medical professionals but I are too scared because they are rude and treat u like complete fools.

I know it was just some kind of infection that his body was fighting that gave him the fever. It was his body fighting it off. I know there isn't much they could have done but on that off chance that it might actually be something serious u want a dr to look at them and tell u it will be ok and understand why u took them in. Not dismiss u because when it is serious u become to scared to get them seen too.

Anyway just rambling now. Very tired it's been a long few days. Just hoping he starts to get better. I really do hate seeing him so sick :(

On the pregnancy front not much happening at all. Lots of strong healthy kicks. BP still low. Bump about the same. Started taking raspberry leaf the other day. Only 1 a day will increase it at 34weeks. PSP still really painful. Sciatica has eased off. Weight gain yuk let's not go there. Starting to get some VJJ pain and back end pain so bubs weight is starting to shift down but with still just over 6 weeks to go I suspect this pain will certainly intensify!

Looking forward to meeting the little guy. The next 6 weeks can fly :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Powered By Blogger
 

One mums journey Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez