Little Blake is now 9 days old and sleeping like a champion :) this of course still might change once he hits the 2 week mark but at the moment the sleep is definitely helping everyone.
Tyler has settled in well with him so far again though it's still early days. The thing putting him out the most is the people who have come to help. My sister didn't stick to any of his routines or feeding or anything. Lucky for me he still goes down for his nap and his bed time fine. MIL has been here for a few days and omg the woman needs to relax. I'm a laid back person and although I like to stick to tylers routine we have no other engagements or appointments we need to be at. U go about ur day and it all gets done. MIL flies around the house like a chicken with her head cut off and it's making me anxious. It just radiates off her. She also can handle the kids crying at all. Tyler is learning very fast that if he throws a tantrum nanna comes immediately running! She also doesn't allow him any independent play time. I completely understand she is wanting to get to know him but he can't do anything without her being right there. She constantly tries to entertain him. I am worried about this because once she goes home I can't give Tyler that attention. He was great at his indepedent playing and even the 2 Days I was here with just me and the boys he just happily played while I bfed. It's been a couple of days and already he now demands my attention while bfing. I have spoken to B and asked him to speak to her. I appreciate where she is coming from but it's a habit I can't let Tyler take a hold of.
We had a bit of a hitch with BFing, I was feeding little man thursday night I think it was when I was burping him he spat up some bright red blood. At first I freaked out a bit seeing blood like that come out of ur newborn is scary! But I realized it was actually from me! My right nipple has lost a little bit of itself lol. I have had to wear a shield for 2 days to let it repair but he attached this morning it wasn't too bad. Still has some healing to do but it's getting better. I just need to be more vigilant about letting it air dry after a feed and then applying lanasoil (sp?) cream.
I thought we were going to have issues with him spewing but we seem to be over it. He spits up a little bit but nothing like the spewing that he was doing.
Not much else happening just plodding along enjoying my little family of 4!
I can't believe how fast time is flying and how much Blake had grown in only a week! Before i know it he will be 1!
Saturday, December 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment