Berry

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tyler

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Blake

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Exhaustion

Posted by Unknown at 3:15 PM
OMG I am SO TIRED!! :( 10hour days + 2 hours travel is killing me. I have been tried before but this is to a whole new level.  I feel physically sick. Every part of my body just wants to collapse :( Yet I have no choice but to keep going.  My manager is going on 4 weeks leave on Friday so I have to I am up to speed on everything she needs me to cover in her absence. It also means the extra hours wont stop for at least another 4 weeks as I have to step up  to acting manager.

The good news is it looks like I will definitely be getting maternity leave. There may also be a possibility that instead of the 14weeks I thought, it might be 26weeks at full pay! That would be unbelievable! Currently although I working within the university we aren't employed by them.  We are currently undergoing employment negotiations and should have our new contracts signed by the end of the week. I was worried because I wouldn't have been on the uni's books for 12months and therefore I wouldn't get maternity leave at all.  But looks like they have to honor the fair work trade act or something and because I have been with this company nearly 4 years they have to pay out my leave.  The university also has a kind of trade work act internally and they can't give us less entitlements than what is stipulated in that.  If that is the case then its 26weeks at full pay! At this point I am going on the 14weeks, better to be happily surprised than disappointed. Either way I am just relieved that I will be getting some kind of maternity leave.

Its what is helping me get through the days. 12weeks to go.

Peanut is going well.  Had a few crazy movement days and a few quiet ones to follow.  Think its back to its craziness now though.

Oh DH finished the cupboard in the nursery yesterday! YAY looks fantastic. Have to get some pics up when i put the furniture back in.

Well best get back to work or I will be here until 5 again. (I start at 7am)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Powered By Blogger
 

One mums journey Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez